Will Particle Candy be updated for Graphics 2.0?

I read a post that the current version won’t work with Graphics 2.0 (obviously), but I’m a bit concerned that it won’t be updated.

Any news?

I’m interested to know as well.  I’m about to buy Particle Candy but if it’s not working with Graphics 2.0, … guess I won’t.  Yet at least…

Hi all,

Have you contacted the author(s) of Particle Candy directly and asked about this?

Brent

Thanks Brent. I am also VERY interested about that. I hope Corona can help the author adapt the module to GFX 2.0 since it is a great module and it will a great shame if we had to stop using it in order to update to 2.0 Thanks, Mo

PLEASE NOTE

Our office is temporarily closed from Oct 8th - Oct 22nd. During this period, we won’t be able to reply to your inquiries (or at least with a distinct delay). Please be aware of that. You may want to wait until Oct 22nd to contact us or to place your order. Thank you for your patience.

http://x-pressive.com/ParticleCandy_Corona/download.html

I guess that explains why we haven’t heard anything :slight_smile:

I just look at the site and I amazed at all the NEW effects they have now. That reminder me that I did not see any update of the library for a long time. Anybody knows what is the latest version? I am assuming everybody received an email as each version is out. I do not remember receiving an update email for couple years now?! Thanks for any pointers. Mo

Hey, Mo @LairdGames, the last update for Particle Candy was sometime in mid September (last month.)  Could it be that the email notification got trapped in your email junk/spam folder?

Naomi

Thanks Naomi! I am going to contact them since it is Nov 22th and they should be back. Now that you remind me, I changed my email last year so that is why I never got  those latest versions! I did not think they had any new stuff so I did not bother checking. Big mistake!

Thanks again.

Mo

Phew - I thought that the Particle Candy guys had just disappeared. As impressive as Particle Candy is, I’m a little surprised that Corona doesn’t have built in support for particle emitters…

I got the DL from x-pressive (and FAST!) Love the new effect like dragon fire. I already added to my next title (coming soon :slight_smile: I also impress that after all that time since I did not update the library, my old game worked work with the updated library just fine. By the way the issue was that when I bought the library years ago, I had a different email! Thanks again Naomi, guys. Mo

I’ve emailed support twice about whether an update for Graphics 2.0 is planned but have received no reply. Anyone else heard anything?

I’m interested to know as well.  I’m about to buy Particle Candy but if it’s not working with Graphics 2.0, … guess I won’t.  Yet at least…

Hi all,

Have you contacted the author(s) of Particle Candy directly and asked about this?

Brent

Thanks Brent. I am also VERY interested about that. I hope Corona can help the author adapt the module to GFX 2.0 since it is a great module and it will a great shame if we had to stop using it in order to update to 2.0 Thanks, Mo

PLEASE NOTE

Our office is temporarily closed from Oct 8th - Oct 22nd. During this period, we won’t be able to reply to your inquiries (or at least with a distinct delay). Please be aware of that. You may want to wait until Oct 22nd to contact us or to place your order. Thank you for your patience.

http://x-pressive.com/ParticleCandy_Corona/download.html

I guess that explains why we haven’t heard anything :slight_smile:

I just look at the site and I amazed at all the NEW effects they have now. That reminder me that I did not see any update of the library for a long time. Anybody knows what is the latest version? I am assuming everybody received an email as each version is out. I do not remember receiving an update email for couple years now?! Thanks for any pointers. Mo

Hey, Mo @LairdGames, the last update for Particle Candy was sometime in mid September (last month.)  Could it be that the email notification got trapped in your email junk/spam folder?

Naomi

Thanks Naomi! I am going to contact them since it is Nov 22th and they should be back. Now that you remind me, I changed my email last year so that is why I never got  those latest versions! I did not think they had any new stuff so I did not bother checking. Big mistake!

Thanks again.

Mo

Phew - I thought that the Particle Candy guys had just disappeared. As impressive as Particle Candy is, I’m a little surprised that Corona doesn’t have built in support for particle emitters…

Yes, all Candy libraries, Particle Candy, as well as Widget Candy and Text Candy, have been updated to be Graphics 2.0 compliant. Please note that you need to use the latest version of the Corona SDK (CoronaSDK-2013.2076 or above), otherwise you’ll get some errors (this is because Corona API has changed with Graphics 2.0).

By the way, the recent Particle Candy update added lots of new sample effects, together with an effect browser to conveniently go through all the included sample codes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_OBW3_6js