With Corona Ver2014.2511, a Console window opens and it fills a screen.

A console window will open by corona Ver2014.2511. 

Since it is not closed automatically, it fills a screen. 

Does anything improve by setup? 

Hi @CyberCatfish,

In #2511, when you open Corona SDK, it should open the Terminal window… but not 20+ Terminal windows. How did so many windows get opened on your screen? Do you have some script that would affect this behavior?

Brent

Hello Brent, Thank you for reply.

It is opened whenever it runs GliderV2 to Corona. 

This condition does not exist at a previous version.

Did the starting parameter etc. change?

I thought that I was a problem on the Glider side. 

Hi @CyberCatfish,

Yes, this appears to be a Glider issue. See here:

http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/52820-consolesh-bug-when-i-run-into-an-error/

Brent

Same problem here. 

I don’t think it is a Lua Glider issue. It is simply that the a new console is open each time the Simulator is open, but the console does not close when you close the Simulator.

Corona could really add an option to the Simulator Preference to disable that console from appearing.

We have already pushed an update to set the proper command line arguments as explained by the Corona team. You can confirm it by going to help-> userdirectory -> System plugins -> Corona -> plugin.lua

In fact the plugin.lua can be edited to add or remove any command line switch for the simulator.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello developer;

Thank you reply…

Then… which is a parameter?  :mellow:

@CyberCatfish

In the plugin.lua file you will see the following snippet. The cmd table contains all the command line arguments.

function getLaunchCommandDebug(args) local path = args.options["Simulator Path"] if(MAC) then path = path.."/Contents/MacOS/Corona Simulator" end local response = { cmd = { path, "-project", args.buildFolder.."/main.lua", "-debug", "1", "-no-console YES" }, dir = args.buildFolder, } return response end 

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello developer;

Thank you reply.  I added the following parameters. 

,"-no-console YES"

However, change was not visible to a result.

Is correspondence of it necessity in the CoronaSimulator side?  :mellow:

thanks

Hi @M.Y. Developers;

Thank you for the infomation.  I have solved the problem.

I rewrote as follows and solved the problem. 

function getLaunchCommandDebug(args)    

local path = args.options[“Simulator Path”]

if(MAC) then

path = path…"/Contents/MacOS/Corona Simulator"

end

local response = {

cmd = {

path,

“-project”,

args.buildFolder…"/main.lua",

“-debug”, “1”,

“-no-console”,“YES”,

},

dir = args.buildFolder,

}

return response 

end

Thank you CyberCatfish. The change will be reflected in the next update.

Where do I put the file? I can’t find the path you mentioned on my system (Mac Book Pro Retina).

And what about error messages inside Glider? How can I see them again now?

Hi d.match

path > ~/Library/Application Support/luaglider2/dev/SystemPlugins/corona/plugin.lua

All information is mentioned in this Topic.

When it can’t be understood by the mentioned contents, please wait for an update a moment.

And, All console output from corona is shown to a output window in Glider.

Hi @CyberCatfish,

In #2511, when you open Corona SDK, it should open the Terminal window… but not 20+ Terminal windows. How did so many windows get opened on your screen? Do you have some script that would affect this behavior?

Brent

Hello Brent, Thank you for reply.

It is opened whenever it runs GliderV2 to Corona. 

This condition does not exist at a previous version.

Did the starting parameter etc. change?

I thought that I was a problem on the Glider side. 

Hi @CyberCatfish,

Yes, this appears to be a Glider issue. See here:

http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/52820-consolesh-bug-when-i-run-into-an-error/

Brent

Same problem here. 

I don’t think it is a Lua Glider issue. It is simply that the a new console is open each time the Simulator is open, but the console does not close when you close the Simulator.

Corona could really add an option to the Simulator Preference to disable that console from appearing.

We have already pushed an update to set the proper command line arguments as explained by the Corona team. You can confirm it by going to help-> userdirectory -> System plugins -> Corona -> plugin.lua

In fact the plugin.lua can be edited to add or remove any command line switch for the simulator.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello developer;

Thank you reply…

Then… which is a parameter?  :mellow: