Working on CPM v3

I’m working on *many* changes for the next release of Corona Project Manager and thought I’d give you a peek the most visible changes.

Jay

[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 319485[/import]

WOW Jay!
What a good news! :slight_smile:

Awesome the terminal be already attached at the bottom IMO! (looks like XCode).
Looking forward to be getting this beautiful update soon.
Nice work!

Cheers,
Rodrigo. [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75168[/import]

So you know, I am willing to work with beta software! [import]uid: 5317 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75247[/import]

Yeah, it’s not an accident that it resembles Xcode – I figured those guys spend a lot of money/time figuring out user experience and so if I’m going to ride someone’s coattails, it may as well be someone like Apple. :slight_smile:

In the right side bar will be multiple things (drop down menu at the top choose what you want) such as:

Properties - right now only for folders, projects, and files, but eventually for other things that I’m not telling about yet.

Functions - the list of functions in the current file, as well as bookmarks, and possible some other “jump to” things.

Snippets - An easier way to access snippets, including those code pieces that aren’t asset-related.

Docs - Highlight a keyword and the info about it will show up. (This one may not make it into v3 but the foundation will be there at that point).

More stuff later…

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75257[/import]

Honestly Jay , with those described: Snippets, Functions and Docs it will become more than awesome!

The snippets is very handfull by any meaning when coding IMO.

The functions also but even better be knowing the number of functions we`re using in our code.

The Docs, wow…awesome to feel studying even while working! :wink:
Yeah, definitely that`s such a great news! Thank you.

PS: The Xcode looking like visual is just a right idea of yours. haha (Why reinvent the wheel?)

Merry Xmas!
Cheers,
Rodrigo. [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75265[/import]

yeah, great news, jay!
I love to work with CPM and this looks like it will make development even more fun!
absolutely looking forward to it!
2012 will be a year of WIN!

-finefin

EDIT: in your screenshot it says “Jan 15, 2011” — I guess you mean 2012 do you? or did you actually manage to build the flux capacitor !!! [import]uid: 70635 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75277[/import]

…or maybe the date is specified in the Arabic Hijri calendar :smiley:

v3’s look’n good anyway ! [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75284[/import]

Very interesting relooking, going the right way : more place for coding :slight_smile: [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75294[/import]

Looks real nice, if you add split view then you’ll win over all Sublime Text2 users but when I think about it Xcode has that too… Looking forward to the update, any betas out yet? [import]uid: 13560 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75373[/import]

I vote for split view as well. That is the one thing from other text editors that I miss daily. [import]uid: 5317 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75375[/import]

Wow, I already screwed up writing 2011 when I meant 2012 – I usually wait until January to start doing that. :slight_smile:

Hoping for a beta release right after the first of January – I’ll be posting a link in here when the time is right – kind of hard to get much work done right now. (Scrooge mode)

I don’t want to be a downer, but split view won’t be coming anytime soon, I don’t think. Honestly, I have no idea how to code something like that, although I haven’t sat down and thought about it, so it could turn out to be “easy” – but I have a hunch that it’s not. :slight_smile:

More room for coding, yes. You can hide the project pane, the terminal, and the new right-side properties pane and use the entire area for code.

Also looking at a way to keep the terminal window closed while you code and then automatically open the terminal pane when you launch. I can do that with a setting in Prefs, but then it’s global and happens with every project. I’m thinking more along the lines of “compiler directives” (even though CPM isn’t a compiler) such as:

#cpm terminal

…and some other options that have totally fled my mind right now (but are off in my to-do list). :slight_smile:

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75386[/import]

Were are the screens ? [import]uid: 84637 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75461[/import]

I don’t want to be a downer, but split view won’t be coming anytime soon, I don’t think. Honestly, I have no idea how to code something like that, although I haven’t sat down and thought about it, so it could turn out to be “easy” – but I have a hunch that it’s not. :slight_smile:

For a quick test, try duplicating the view that holds the current lua file, and make sure you can edit it in both windows, and have the changes reflected in both.

If you pass the same reference to the open file, to each window, that should allow editing in either window, and still have the changes reflected in the same file… that would be my non-coder guess of where to start…

I am not looking for the nice UI functionality, where you drag on a portion of the scroll bar to split the view. I will settle for the Photoshop version, where you can open multiple views of the same file. I can reposition the windows myself. [import]uid: 5317 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75501[/import]

Where are what screens, Danny?

Mike, yeah, that’s the direction I’ll head, but typically you pass the data into a control and it handles it from there – it’s not just a “view” into the data, otherwise two views into the same data would work fine.

I’ll do some research into it and see what I can find – although finding stuff like that explained isn’t always easy. It’s not really a mass-market kind of thing. :slight_smile:

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 75537[/import]

gettin’ closer… [import]uid: 13560 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 79938[/import]

> gettin’ closer…

Yes, although not quite as close as everyone wants. I just modified the picture that started this thread to be more realistic. :slight_smile:

And while I moved away from an actual date, I expect it to be in the first half of Q1, not the second half. I’m hoping to have it in the hands of the testers before the month is over.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 80075[/import]

Just looked at that picture again - properly this time :slight_smile:

I’m loving the ticks for assets that are in or out and how the unticked ones are greyed. Nice! [import]uid: 39538 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 80098[/import]

That’s starting to look pretty sexy. Having the terminal below the tabs is a stroke of genius as I tend to have a million things open now I don’t have to remember where I was working when flipping to the terminal tab.

Any plans on a preview copy??

Chris. [import]uid: 33866 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 80178[/import]

I don’t know if it’s on the feature/bug list, but for windows, please check :

• block comments
  • the ability to use the key altgr (and type {, [,…) [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 80182[/import]

Very interesting; looking forward to it, particularly if it fixes difficulties with copy/paste and apply [[]] blocks to code. (OSX)

I’d say my top two requests right now though:

1. Logic support for one line if sequences (i.e.: if something == something then dothis() end…is not handled correctly by the function bracket tracker)

2. Methods to keep it light. That properties bar is fine, I’m sure, but on a limited size display like this I’d definitely like the option to adjust its size or disable/minimize it. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 41884 topic_id: 19485 reply_id: 80226[/import]