Worth getting? How big is the audience?

Amazon has it on sale (today only) for $69.99, so I was hoping I could get some stats on how many OUYA devices are out there in use, what some sales or download numbers are like for Corona and non-Corona apps on the OUYA Play Store, and of course, how is the performance of Corona apps on it.

I was itching to get one during the Kickstarter campaign, and it peaked interest again back when I saw Corona was to provide support for it.

They’re dropping the “free demo” requirement sometime in April. Seems pretty cool, but it seems like most people are just not over the moon about it as a viable money-maker. If they had positioned it as “Steambox-lite”, they might have had something.

One has to ask why Amazon would be selling it discounted to $69.99 if it was selling in large numbers… All I read about it is generally how it turned out to be a flop.

I just got one in the mail yesterday… I’m gonna use it to run xbmc primarily, but I also intend to port an older project to it and possibly make some new stuff. 

There’s a lot of crap in the discover menu ( ouya play store listings essentially )  but there are also some pretty good games. For the price, its great.

Steve

They’re dropping the “free demo” requirement sometime in April. Seems pretty cool, but it seems like most people are just not over the moon about it as a viable money-maker. If they had positioned it as “Steambox-lite”, they might have had something.

One has to ask why Amazon would be selling it discounted to $69.99 if it was selling in large numbers… All I read about it is generally how it turned out to be a flop.

I just got one in the mail yesterday… I’m gonna use it to run xbmc primarily, but I also intend to port an older project to it and possibly make some new stuff. 

There’s a lot of crap in the discover menu ( ouya play store listings essentially )  but there are also some pretty good games. For the price, its great.

Steve