Zip plug-in crash when running Solar2d build

When running in latest corona build, we can download and unzip a file with no issues using the zip plugin. When using Solar2d build 3598 or 3600, the plugin crashes (in the method uncompress).

Check this thread out…

Yes, I also posted about this issue a few days ago. There were no replies. As far as I can tell, there is a genuine bug here. I tried a bunch of workarounds without success. I have filed a bug report. The zip plugin works fine on Mac, crashes on Windows.

troylyndon, I don’t think that’s the problem here. Other plugins under the coronlalabs publisherId hierarchy work fine. The zip plugin (on Windows!) crashes. I posted about this issue last week and have filed a bug report. BUT I would love to hear that someone else can make it work. Can you get the zip plugin to function under solar2D on Windows? (code identical to the example in the docs, btw)

https://github.com/roaminggamer/RG_FreeStuff/raw/master/AskEd/2018/09/zip.zip
I can confirm that I see a crash with this combination:

• Solar2D 2020.3600
  • Windows version of Simulator
  • Using plugin to create a zip file

I have not yet done any further debug.

I did notice the zip file is created, but corrupt, probably due to the crash.

sorry, I use a Mac not Windows so I can’t help you there

@rune7 It looks like this has been resolved this (I believe, if I understand correctly, by recompiling the dll). It should be OK on next run in the current (unchanged) build of Solar2D. If not, you may need to delete references to the old dll.

Thanks for the input. I’m going to hold before switching to Solar2d builds for the time being. Wonder what has changed between the corona infrastructure and Solar2d one. I’m mostly concerned with general degradation on devices.