Zip plugin hanging with no information shown

Is there anything new with the zip plugin?

I have used it before, with success, now it just hangs.

I’m using 2017.3025

The plugin is identified in build.settings

plugins = { ["plugin.zip"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.OneSignal"] = { publisherId = "com.onesignal", }, ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android=true } }, },

and

called in the source:

local options = { zipFile = event.response.filename, zipBaseDir = system.TemporaryDirectory, dstBaseDir = system.DocumentsDirectory, listener = unzipAppIcon, } stopSpinner() print("downloadAppIcon: got file: going unzip") zip.uncompress( options ) print("downloadAppIcon: back from uncompress") 

I get the first print - going unzip, but never the 2nd.

I also never get into the listener.

thoughts?

thanks in advance

boy do I feel stupid.   

if you dont require it - it wont run.

a suggestion for the engineers: could we get a message in logcat (tied to I/Corona) that shows when a runtime error is thrown.  This didnt stop the app, other areas kept working. I’m assuming that it is running in a background task and when dying, doesnt impact the ui thread.

thanks

You should of got a message like attempt to index global ‘zip’ (a nil value) if you hadn’t required it

I thought so too.  Usually you see something like that.  This time, though, it only showed in the logcat after the last labeled Corona message - which I found by capturing the entire logcat stream and walking it.  That’s why I thought it had something to do with being in the plugin.

boy do I feel stupid.   

if you dont require it - it wont run.

a suggestion for the engineers: could we get a message in logcat (tied to I/Corona) that shows when a runtime error is thrown.  This didnt stop the app, other areas kept working. I’m assuming that it is running in a background task and when dying, doesnt impact the ui thread.

thanks

You should of got a message like attempt to index global ‘zip’ (a nil value) if you hadn’t required it

I thought so too.  Usually you see something like that.  This time, though, it only showed in the logcat after the last labeled Corona message - which I found by capturing the entire logcat stream and walking it.  That’s why I thought it had something to do with being in the plugin.