AD MOB ERROR

When I improve adMob in my code I get these errors:

WARNING: CoronaProvider.ads.admob is not configured in build.settings

WARNING: The ‘ads’ provider (admob) is not available on the simulator

WARNING: The ‘ads’ library is not available on this platform.

Hi @vinci.inter,

Can you post the contents of your “build.settings” file? Please remember to surround it with “code” tags for clarity:

[code] -- [/code]

Thanks,

Brent

-- -- For more information on build.settings see the Corona SDK Build Guide at: -- http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html -- settings = { orientation = { -- Supported values for orientation: -- portrait, portraitUpsideDown, landscapeLeft, landscapeRight default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", } }, excludeFiles = { -- Include only the necessary icon files on each platform iphone = { "Icon-\*dpi.png", }, android = { "Icon.png", "Icon-Small-\*.png", "Icon\*@2x.png", }, }, -- -- iOS Section -- iphone = { plist = { UIStatusBarHidden = false, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, -- set to false for "shine" overlay --UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true, -- uncomment to quit app on suspend CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", }, --[[-- iOS app URL schemes: CFBundleURLTypes = { { CFBundleURLSchemes = { "fbXXXXXXXXX", -- replace XXXXXXXXX with your Facebook appId } } } --]] } }, -- -- Android Section -- android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", }, }, }

Hi @vinci.inter,

I see. You haven’t added the “Google Play Services” plugin to the build.settings. Please see the documentation for details… every plugin you want to use needs to be specified inside a “plugins” table located within “settings”.

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/ads-admob-v2/index.html

Brent

ok but now I had this error:

WARNING: CoronaProvider.ads.pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is not configured in build.settings

-- -- For more information on build.settings see the Corona SDK Build Guide at: -- http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html -- settings = { plugins = { ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true } }, }, orientation = { -- Supported values for orientation: -- portrait, portraitUpsideDown, landscapeLeft, landscapeRight default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", } }, excludeFiles = { -- Include only the necessary icon files on each platform iphone = { "Icon-\*dpi.png", }, android = { "Icon.png", "Icon-Small-\*.png", "Icon\*@2x.png", }, }, -- -- iOS Section -- iphone = { plist = { UIStatusBarHidden = false, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, -- set to false for "shine" overlay --UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true, -- uncomment to quit app on suspend CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", }, --[[-- iOS app URL schemes: CFBundleURLTypes = { { CFBundleURLSchemes = { "fbXXXXXXXXX", -- replace XXXXXXXXX with your Facebook appId } } } --]] } }, -- -- Android Section -- android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", "android.permission.ACCESS\_NETWORK\_STATE", }, }, }

Hi again,

When exactly does this error/warning appear? When you attempt to build the project from the Simulator? Or some other time?

Best regards,

Brent

Does it work when you build for device? Those warnings appear when you run on simulator.

Can you also post your ads.init() code without the key?

I am having the same issue as @vinci.inter. When I use (code below) in my build.settings i also get an error saying “CoronaProvider.ads.admob is not configured in build.settings”

1. [“plugin.google.play.services”] =
  2. {
  3. publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,
  4. supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true }
  5. },

What version of Corona SDK are you using?

I am also receiving:

WARNING: CoronaProvider.ads.admob is not configured in build.settings 

on the Mac Simulator version 2883.

On the Windows Simulator, version 2844, I receive the typical message:

When I build and deploy to an iPhone, the ads appear to be working.

Ed

I have the same problem as guys here. 

AdMob like all of the advertising plugins has to be tested on a device.  Warning’s should not stop your app from running, you just wont get any AdMob features in the simulator.  This message is just telling you that it can’t run in the sim. If you get this message when testing on a device then we need to look into it.

Rob

Rob,

You are right, it was also off the screen when I was trying in the simulator so that’s why I was confused. Thanks.

hi,i was also getting the same warnings when i used admob on the simulator(interstitial ads)

but when i tested it on a android device,the interstitial ad was appearing although i was completely blank.

Hi @vinci.inter,

Can you post the contents of your “build.settings” file? Please remember to surround it with “code” tags for clarity:

[code] -- [/code]

Thanks,

Brent

-- -- For more information on build.settings see the Corona SDK Build Guide at: -- http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html -- settings = { orientation = { -- Supported values for orientation: -- portrait, portraitUpsideDown, landscapeLeft, landscapeRight default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", } }, excludeFiles = { -- Include only the necessary icon files on each platform iphone = { "Icon-\*dpi.png", }, android = { "Icon.png", "Icon-Small-\*.png", "Icon\*@2x.png", }, }, -- -- iOS Section -- iphone = { plist = { UIStatusBarHidden = false, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, -- set to false for "shine" overlay --UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true, -- uncomment to quit app on suspend CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", }, --[[-- iOS app URL schemes: CFBundleURLTypes = { { CFBundleURLSchemes = { "fbXXXXXXXXX", -- replace XXXXXXXXX with your Facebook appId } } } --]] } }, -- -- Android Section -- android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", }, }, }

Hi @vinci.inter,

I see. You haven’t added the “Google Play Services” plugin to the build.settings. Please see the documentation for details… every plugin you want to use needs to be specified inside a “plugins” table located within “settings”.

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/ads-admob-v2/index.html

Brent

ok but now I had this error:

WARNING: CoronaProvider.ads.pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is not configured in build.settings

-- -- For more information on build.settings see the Corona SDK Build Guide at: -- http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html -- settings = { plugins = { ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true } }, }, orientation = { -- Supported values for orientation: -- portrait, portraitUpsideDown, landscapeLeft, landscapeRight default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", } }, excludeFiles = { -- Include only the necessary icon files on each platform iphone = { "Icon-\*dpi.png", }, android = { "Icon.png", "Icon-Small-\*.png", "Icon\*@2x.png", }, }, -- -- iOS Section -- iphone = { plist = { UIStatusBarHidden = false, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, -- set to false for "shine" overlay --UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = true, -- uncomment to quit app on suspend CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", }, --[[-- iOS app URL schemes: CFBundleURLTypes = { { CFBundleURLSchemes = { "fbXXXXXXXXX", -- replace XXXXXXXXX with your Facebook appId } } } --]] } }, -- -- Android Section -- android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", "android.permission.ACCESS\_NETWORK\_STATE", }, }, }

Hi again,

When exactly does this error/warning appear? When you attempt to build the project from the Simulator? Or some other time?

Best regards,

Brent

Does it work when you build for device? Those warnings appear when you run on simulator.

Can you also post your ads.init() code without the key?