Corona Chartboost plugin. Change of support

EDIT 3 (January 2016)

I’ve taken up support for this plugin again  :).

I’ll update the main post when new versions are available.

EDIT 2 (August 2015):

Unfortunately Chartboost has informed me that they will not be taking over the plugin as mentioned earlier. They will revise their decision again later this fall, but this means that the plugin is now unsupported and no updates will be made.

I’ve contacted Chartboost and they said they *might* be willing to take over the plugin although they have no Corona Enterprise developers at the moment and we can’t assume they will take over the responsibility to maintain it. CoronaLabs have told me that the plugin will remain available on their server for anybody to use, however it will not be updated.

The plugin is already Open Source on GitHub under the MIT licence, which means existing Enterprise developers may do whatever they like with it. Anybody is welcome to fork the project and maintain a local copy or just use it as a template for plugin development with Corona Enterprise.

https://github.com/swipeware/CoronaChartboostPlugin

Well good luck to you and your future endeavors, thanks for the past support

Thanks  :slight_smile:

Well, that’s sad news for a nice plugin. Thank you for the support you provided so far and good luck!

I think Corona team should do something to keep that plugin up-to-date because we’re running out of options for ads here.

@Corona Community

Great news!

I’ve spoken to Chartboost directly, and they have agreed to take over the development of the Chartboost plugin.

This means that the future of the plugin is secure, and you can feel free to use the plugin in your Corona projects without having to worry about the plugin support being dropped.

The details are still being worked out, and I will update this thread when more info becomes available.

Is anyone from Chartboost monitoring these forum posts? Or is there somewhere else we can notify them about any issues we have with the plugin?

Hi Alan,

I’d recommend submitting any issues to Chartboost Support (support at chartboost . com).

Mention that the issue is regarding the Corona Chartboost Plugin, and they should get in touch with you quickly.

I still haven’t heard anything from their mobile team. I’m waiting for them to contact me regarding the details of the take-over.

Submitting a request to their support team might give them the nudge necessary to make the move to contact me. If I haven’t heard anything by mid next week I’ll contact them myself to see where things are at…

Chartboost contacted me today, and I’ve given them my contacts at CoronaLabs so they can proceed with the take-over of the plugin. From now on, any updates to the plugin will be done by Chartboost.

Thanks everybody for your feedback and support over the past year!

Hopefully we’ll see each other somewhere out there in cyberspace!  B)

I bring sad news  :frowning:

Today I was informed by Chartboost that they will not be taking over the Corona Chartboost plugin. They will revise their decision later this fall, but this means that the plugin is now unsupported.

If you’re an Enterprise customer you can update the plugin yourself. You just need to fork my GitHub repository where you’ll find the complete source code for the Android and iOS versions of the plugin.

That’s bad news. I was looking forward to this and now, I need to think about other options (which is not very much in Corona!).

Hope your plugin works as much as possible and let’s hope for an Enterprise user to take it from here.

I agree. That is very bad news. I am a Pro user (not Enterprise) and I am using the plugin in two popular game apps (10,000 to 20,000 DAU in each app). This is a major disappointment as the present plug-in works quite well. Plus, it is the only Ad companies (available to a Pro user) to offer specific Amazon ads and Amazon support. And Amazon is a better platform for our games than Google.

Thank you Ingemar for all of your hard work. You’ve been great for the community (and Chartboost and Corona).

Steve

@Steve

Thanks for your kind words.

Hopefully Chartboost will reconsider taking over the plugin later this year.

Well good luck to you and your future endeavors, thanks for the past support

Thanks  :slight_smile:

Well, that’s sad news for a nice plugin. Thank you for the support you provided so far and good luck!

I think Corona team should do something to keep that plugin up-to-date because we’re running out of options for ads here.

@Corona Community

Great news!

I’ve spoken to Chartboost directly, and they have agreed to take over the development of the Chartboost plugin.

This means that the future of the plugin is secure, and you can feel free to use the plugin in your Corona projects without having to worry about the plugin support being dropped.

The details are still being worked out, and I will update this thread when more info becomes available.

Is anyone from Chartboost monitoring these forum posts? Or is there somewhere else we can notify them about any issues we have with the plugin?

Hi Alan,

I’d recommend submitting any issues to Chartboost Support (support at chartboost . com).

Mention that the issue is regarding the Corona Chartboost Plugin, and they should get in touch with you quickly.

I still haven’t heard anything from their mobile team. I’m waiting for them to contact me regarding the details of the take-over.

Submitting a request to their support team might give them the nudge necessary to make the move to contact me. If I haven’t heard anything by mid next week I’ll contact them myself to see where things are at…

Chartboost contacted me today, and I’ve given them my contacts at CoronaLabs so they can proceed with the take-over of the plugin. From now on, any updates to the plugin will be done by Chartboost.

Thanks everybody for your feedback and support over the past year!

Hopefully we’ll see each other somewhere out there in cyberspace!  B)

I bring sad news  :frowning:

Today I was informed by Chartboost that they will not be taking over the Corona Chartboost plugin. They will revise their decision later this fall, but this means that the plugin is now unsupported.

If you’re an Enterprise customer you can update the plugin yourself. You just need to fork my GitHub repository where you’ll find the complete source code for the Android and iOS versions of the plugin.