Facebook V4a Share Link Dialog require login again

Hi

I have implemented Facebook V4a in my IOS Game.
With FB v4a plugin , logged in successfully. After login complete , i go for Share Link Dialog, and i can see that it asks me to login again. See attached screenshot. 12087.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot is from Corona sdk Sample code facebook project.
So My question is why share link dialog is asking for re-Login even i login successfully before few moments.
Please help me to solve this issue with Share link dialog.
I was expecting that if we are logged in already then user can share directly with call share link dialog function :

facebook.showDialog( "link", linkData )

Can Anyone help me please ?

For more clarity writing steps with facebook sample App:

1. Click on Login button–> logged in Successfully
  2. Click on Share Link Dialog button --> you can see screenshot attached which is asking for login again
    (Expected share directly without login screen)

Note : I don’t have facebook App installed on my iPhone. 

Thank you.
Bhavin :slight_smile:

@Bhavin, ths is exactly the problem we are having. Hopefully someone will have a solution to solve this Facebook 4a problem.

@Rob, I’m having this same problem. My app will login to FB just fine using facebook.login after I call facebook.getCurrentAccessToken. That’s all fine.

But later, when I try and use facebook, facebook.showDialog( “link”, linkData ), the Facebook app is requesting that I login - is this double-login normal or is there something else going on here?

Can you all try the facebook sample app we included with each daily build?

Rob

Hi @Rob,

As i mentioned in my first post that i already testing with Corona’s Facebook Sample App and getting this same issue and screenshot attached is also with that sample App.

Do you want any other info from me to find the issue ?

Bhavin :slight_smile:

@Rob, do you see that Bhavin’s original post includes the screenshot of your sample Facebook app? This remains the last Facebook issue I’m having. So, anything you can do would be very much appreciated.

@Rob, Facebook has also stated the login from the share button is not normal behavior when their support just emailed me, "As we have experienced from the other multiple App, Share requiring Login is not normal behavior.  Please find here everything you need to know on how to successfully implement our Share Social Plugin:https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/share-button"

Hope this helps. We are waiting to fix this last issue before we can post our app update.

@Rob, do you see what Facebook wrote to @troylyndon above? It is not normal behavior for the Share to require a login. I used the sample app for the FB4a plugin so it should be duplicatable and something the Corona team could fix.

I have asked Engineering to look at this.

Rob

@Rob, we’re testing and planning to release both our apps with the double-login issue. Please keep this a priority for your Engineers, because it definately impacts social sharing and we have no other options.

@Rob, it’s now LIVE. Double-login issue remains.

Hi Rob. Are there any news with Facebook plugin?

Our engineers are focused on Android 64 bit at the moment.

Rob

@Rob, is it safe to say that after the core Corona SDK is in 64-bit, your team will also be working on the Corona-made plugins, too? And would you say that the FB plugin is a priority?

The core plan is to start working on Switch support next and then we haver to get the Apple Graphics Language addressed. We will likely address some issues in between. I can’t commit to that. I think what’s more likely is we push that plugin to open source and give the community an opportunity to keep it up to date.

Rob

@Rob, on May 28, Facebook sent me this message. The timing couldn’t be worse.
FACEBOOK: Please upgrade now to access new privacy features:

Your app Play The Bible uses Facebook SDK for Android v4.38.1 and Facebook SDK for iOS v4.38.0.

Delay Automatic Events
Pause sending events like App Install and App Launch until your app users consent.
Delay SDK Initialization
Block all network requests until your app users consent.

Upgrade Instructions
For Android: Please update the dynamic version of Facebook SDK in your build.gradle file: implementation ‘com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:[5,6)’
For iOS: Please upgrade to SDK v5.0 and above to access new privacy features.

I’ve reported it to engineering…

@Rob , Any update for second time login for Share Link Dialog ?

I just tested SHOW_REQUEST_DIALOG , that also require second time login.

@Bhavin, ths is exactly the problem we are having. Hopefully someone will have a solution to solve this Facebook 4a problem.

@Rob, I’m having this same problem. My app will login to FB just fine using facebook.login after I call facebook.getCurrentAccessToken. That’s all fine.

But later, when I try and use facebook, facebook.showDialog( “link”, linkData ), the Facebook app is requesting that I login - is this double-login normal or is there something else going on here?