Inneractive Ads

If I’m using an inneractive ad, how can I tell when the user has closed the ad?

Also, is there a way to tell whether or not the ad was filled? [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 67306[/import]

Based on the code below ( from the documentation ) if an error occurs in the adListener then it was not filled or something happened.

local ads = require "ads"  

local function adListener( event )  
 if event.isError then  
 -- Failed to receive an ad -- Ad not filled  
 end  
end  

ads.init( "inneractive", "myAppId", adListener )  
ads.show( "banner", { x=0, y=0, interval=60 } )  

I added the comment above – Ad not filled

As far as telling if the ad was closed or not. that one i don’t know I’m just starting to look at the ads as well. but i think you have to supply a close button yourself… ( i think )

Larry [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145564[/import]

Thank you for the response.

What about when the user closes the ad? I’m using the full-screen ad with inneractive and there’s a X in the top left corner. I’d like to find out when the player manually closes the ad. [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145565[/import]

i don’t have my account yet, i signed up but still waiting on them to activate it so i can test.

I bet something is being fired in the Listener event.

Can you put a ShowAlert() in the event listener

like below and check the event.type or event.action

[code]

–Maybe like this
local alert = native.showAlert( “adListener Event”, event.action, { “OK” } )

if event.isError then
– Failed to receive an ad – Ad not filled
else
– Everything A - OK
end
end
[/code] [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145569[/import]

ok I got my account and have added my details to my app.

I have ads showing up but for Inner-Active.com’s full screen ads don’t have an (X) at the top on mine.

And based on the code supplied by corona you have to do Ads.hide() to remove the ad yourself.

Are you getting the same thing??

If so I think I may put a count down in front of the ad.

Larry [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145711[/import]

I’m getting an ad for Shopkick and I have an x in the top right corner. What ad are you getting?

As an interim solution, I’ve put an in-between scene that handles the ads and scene will switch after a set amount of time. [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145717[/import]

Mine is in landscape more and is for shopkick as well.

I also put in a timer to do the same

Now going to add a count down so the user knows

I am using both inter-active and revmob.

I’ll randomize between the two just to see what happens

Larry
[import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145720[/import]

Please let me know how it works out for you. I might just roll out my own ad program to advertise my other apps. [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145723[/import]

Uh, how to I mark the comment from xvid12h as spam?

I got it.  Click on their user name above their avatar and there should a report user option.

Hey, Larry @doubleslashdesign, I decided to give inneractive a chance with the Android version of my app, but as you noted, with the fullscreen on landscape app, inneractive isn’t showing close button at all.  I tried adding my own x button, but it gets messed up (in my case, creating the widget button immediately after ads.show simply  triggers close function without me tapping on the widget button.)  I also tried a timer, but it doesn’t quite work either.  

Is yours working smoothly for you?  I’m about to give up on inneractive all together.  I find it not worth the trouble at this point. But then, maybe I’m missing something critical somehow…

Naomi

I did get mine working with a timer like you said. Which is a pain… but that is the only way to do it… which I think is bad.

I don’t understand Corona would do it this way. I even wanted to place a count down over the full screen ad so people would know how long they had to wait before the ad would disappear. but no go.

I think I’ll work with a smaller ad and see if I can ad some buttons below it or something.

Thank you, Larry.  I’m just going to give up on inneractive all together for now.  I’ll revisit when its integration with Corona SDK improves.

Naomi

Based on the code below ( from the documentation ) if an error occurs in the adListener then it was not filled or something happened.

local ads = require "ads"  

if event.isError then  
 -- Failed to receive an ad -- Ad not filled  
 end  
end  

ads.init( "inneractive", "myAppId", adListener )  
ads.show( "banner", { x=0, y=0, interval=60 } )  

I added the comment above – Ad not filled

As far as telling if the ad was closed or not. that one i don’t know I’m just starting to look at the ads as well. but i think you have to supply a close button yourself… ( i think )

Larry [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145564[/import]

Thank you for the response.

What about when the user closes the ad? I’m using the full-screen ad with inneractive and there’s a X in the top left corner. I’d like to find out when the player manually closes the ad. [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145565[/import]

i don’t have my account yet, i signed up but still waiting on them to activate it so i can test.

I bet something is being fired in the Listener event.

Can you put a ShowAlert() in the event listener

like below and check the event.type or event.action

[code]

–Maybe like this
local alert = native.showAlert( “adListener Event”, event.action, { “OK” } )

if event.isError then
– Failed to receive an ad – Ad not filled
else
– Everything A - OK
end
end
[/code] [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145569[/import]

ok I got my account and have added my details to my app.

I have ads showing up but for Inner-Active.com’s full screen ads don’t have an (X) at the top on mine.

And based on the code supplied by corona you have to do Ads.hide() to remove the ad yourself.

Are you getting the same thing??

If so I think I may put a count down in front of the ad.

Larry [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145711[/import]

I’m getting an ad for Shopkick and I have an x in the top right corner. What ad are you getting?

As an interim solution, I’ve put an in-between scene that handles the ads and scene will switch after a set amount of time. [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145717[/import]

Mine is in landscape more and is for shopkick as well.

I also put in a timer to do the same

Now going to add a count down so the user knows

I am using both inter-active and revmob.

I’ll randomize between the two just to see what happens

Larry
[import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145720[/import]

Please let me know how it works out for you. I might just roll out my own ad program to advertise my other apps. [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 37306 reply_id: 145723[/import]