Welcome to inneractive

I would like to personally welcome all of you to inneractive.
Many developers who are using inneractive have generated substantial revenue from their free apps, you will too!

My name is Orly Tsesis and I will be your dedicated Personal Account Manager at inneractive.

In case you have missed that - here is a link with all the explanations on how to integrate inneractive into your apps

http://developer.anscamobile.com/reference/ads-inneractive

Feel free to ping me with any questions you may have. [import]uid: 109623 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 319981[/import]

Orly,

We need to have a notification when a Full Screen ad is dismissed. Currently we do not have any notification except for a listener when an ad is displayed.

The problem with this is that we want to show a full screen ad prior to our level starting, but our level has a timer that gets set when the scene is loaded. Since we kick off that ad in our scene, our timer is counting down while they look at the ad. This makes showing a full screen ad at the start of the level no feasible.

Other than this one item we are ready to submit to Apple, so can you please work with Ansca to get a listener added when an ad is dismissed?

Thanks! [import]uid: 16734 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77814[/import]

Hey Ken, I will forward this to our support department and keep you posted. But I think you can have the full screen ad after the first screen of the app and before the user chooses to click to start playing the app - this way you wont have the problem with the count-down. Also do you have this issue in between levels (countdown) or only in the beginning of the game? [import]uid: 109623 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77822[/import]

ok this is really messed up! I signed up but when I went to type in the payment detail (Bank Account information), I noticed the page isn’t using SSL. If they are so good and big as they say they should have taken care of this on day 1

-SI [import]uid: 46630 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77880[/import]

Hi,

I sent an email, but thought others may be interested in this too, so here it is again.

I am trying out Inneractive ads in a corona game which runs in landscape mode.

I have it set like this:
ads.show( “banner”, { x=0, y=0, interval=60 } )

Unfortunately it seems to ignore the location data and instead displays the ad centred in a black bar at the top of the screen. Is there a way to get rid of the the black bar as this just does not look right or good?

Thanks,
Ben [import]uid: 28534 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77901[/import]

Well I am using portrait mode and I also see black/empty space on both sides of the app. it doesn’t look that bad on mine but yes it is annoying. question for you, are you getting the non-SSL page during the payment information setup?

-SI
Follow me @saidulislam [import]uid: 46630 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77903[/import]

I have not set the payment details part up yet as I had created the account weeks ago, but you are right the page is a non SSL page.
I believe it is still possible to encrypt the actual transfer even if it is not an SSL page as such. Inneractive would need to confirm that this is the case and that it is taking place.

Ben [import]uid: 28534 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77916[/import]

Is it necessary SSL when you set your payment method for Paypal?
Cheers,
Rodrigo. [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77929[/import]

I did not even look at the payment options as I am not ready to set this part up, but I would say yes, paypal should be ok regardless of SSL or not, as it is just an email account reference.

Ben [import]uid: 28534 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77934[/import]

Yes. don’t type in anything personal without the SSL. if not, you will be sending out plain text that can be intercepted and seen clearly by anyone interested

-SI [import]uid: 46630 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77937[/import]

all credit or personal information submission must require SSL. It’s 101 for any transactional site.

-SI [import]uid: 46630 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77940[/import]

Hey Orly,

Ken’s issue just became mine as well. As you will recall, and to bring everyone up to speed, we “spoke” via email about another Corona/inneractive issue earlier this week, where multitouch was disabled below inneractive ads. Your response was this was a Corona issue (which I don’t dispute), but you also had some recommendations for alternate ad usage. The best prospect was/still seems to be using the full screen ad. Here’s the problem now, and how it relates to Ken’s issue, above.

If I display a full screen ad between rounds/ levels of my game, I have to (using Corona’s API’s) “show the ad”. No problem. It shows, and if the player chooses not to click the ad the player can skip after a few seconds. Now we are back to gameplay, but, just like with the banners, multitouch no longer works. Now, I could call the API/code to “hide” the ad when it was finished showing, but unless I receive a notice that this is the case, I am reliant upon using a timer to indicate when the ad would be skippable, and then hide the ad manually (within the code) which should clear the multitouch hang-up. This will, of course, cause the ad to immediately dissapear. I must set the timer to do so after the shortest possible amount of time, as to not would cause anyone who did skip it as quickly as possible to encounter the multitouch issue.

But to assume that the ad will be skipped as soon as possible every time belies the chance that someone may actually be considering the ad, and given time, may choose to click it. Which is what we all want. But now the ad disappears before the player can commit to the click, and we all lose in that scenario.

I just keep running into roadblocks while trying to incorporate inneractive. I understand that this too may be a Corona-side issue, but either someone steps up and commits to these fixes, or interactive will not be the choice of more and more Corona developers as they find they cannot reasonably design around these issues and still maintain the integrity of their game. [import]uid: 64596 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77939[/import]

@shane,

Well said! That is exactly the issue I am facing too. Without this resolved there is no point in using Full Screen ads during a game session for the very reasons you so clearly wrote about.

The only place that Full Screen ads are useful is when a player is sitting at a main menu (if your game has one) and there is no expectation they will do any particular action.

Ansca, please address this ASAP so we can leverage off the great pay-rates and fill-rates that Inneractive offers. [import]uid: 16734 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77943[/import]

I am using paypal and when I set that Ive just used my personal mail as it is the unique thing paypals request.

However without SSL I would not insert any of my credit card, address, etc into IMO btw.

Cheers,
Rodrigo. [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77946[/import]

Pre-school Age Group

I have an app designed for early childhood development. Could you expand the age group to include pre-school and early elementary? [import]uid: 6288 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77955[/import]

I’ve been using inneractive in one of my apps for almost a month now and am loving it.

There’s always going to be a few hiccups in the early days but those will be resolved.

Peach :slight_smile: [import]uid: 52491 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 77999[/import]

Payment details -

For developers that are using PayPal - the page doesn’t have to be encrypted as all you need to enter is your email address.

The payment transfer is not made through the dashboard but through secured transactional program - so no need to worry about that. [import]uid: 109623 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 78031[/import]

@Peach, Thank you. It was actually your posting of your positive experience with inneractive full-screen ads on another thread that convinced me to put the effort into tweaking my game to accommodate them.

@Ken, I think I may have a workaround for the multi-touch issue, at least one that will work for my game, and I will post details once I confirm. [import]uid: 64596 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 78077[/import]

Guys / Gals:

I’m trying to implement inneractive into my game. I get the code and all, but since it is not supported in the simulator, what is the best way to test it,or must I constantly upload into my Droid?

Thanks,
Oleg
[import]uid: 92927 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 78194[/import]

Or to your device simulator. [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 19981 reply_id: 78203[/import]