Your Experience with AdRally ?

tlong thanks for your answers.

i think its really important to know the number of ad requests, or at least to have the chance to use another provider when a request fails.

we do not need to see a 100% fillrate, but need to have options to get a good revenue.

@tlong: how can we know that we are not “wasting” any impressions? eCPM is great so far, but what about fill rate? I would love to at least be able to fill up with different ads.

thanks!

@dingo

Do you mean there’s no callback when there are no ads available?

That’s a serious flaw in my book. I find it difficult to believe that they can have 100% fill rate in every market. I don’t have to see the actual filtrate recorded anywhere, but I expect to get a callback when an ad request hasn’t been able to be filled at least.

I guess i need to correct my statements after reviewing the plugin.

adrally.checkLoaded()

if none is loaded, we could show an ad from a different provider.

So the question is only about the fillrate now :slight_smile:

Phew, that’s a relief! With this news AdRally is back on my to-do list once the plugin is available.

@dingo

Just a quick question. Is the AdRally plugin you’re testing part of the ads.* API, or is it separate?

its separate. and yes, this brings adrally back on top. like having adrally as #1 network and backup with chartbost or applovin or whatsoever.

at least on iOS, eCPM is $6.62.

Thanks for the info!

Looking forward to when it’s publicly available  ;).

they do fine in ecpm

no i have another drawback

users complain a lot … i mean daily i get around 3 complains, that the videoads are very annoying.

2 things they point out.

• sound, the videos appear full sound and some users say, they cant even switch it off :frowning:

• the Videos appear , cant be clicked and so ‘after’ the video another static Ad Page appears, where u have to click.

As I get so many complains this has to be improved or it comes a nogo.

thanks for the infos. have not been showing video ads yet :slight_smile:

Hi All, just wanted to offer some insight into AdRally mediated video networks.

Regarding audio in the videos, some video networks offer the ability to mute in video, while others do not. As AdRally is a mediated solution, networks that do not offer a mute option can always be excluded from the waterfall. This will of course have an adverse effect of revenue.

The post-roll (screen displayed at the completion of a video) is an industry standard and serves as an important call to action for the user. 

I guess biggest Problem with AdRally, its does not support Banners :frowning:

so to state Coronas own blog:

Will Corona still partner with ad networks, and/or make available ad networks’ SDKs as plugins?

Yes, we still plan on working with ad networks. In fact, this opens up more partnership opportunities as there will be ways to work with both the Corona platform and Fuse’s AdRally platform. Over the next few weeks we will have more information on this.

I hope so they will bring more adnetworks (and Inmobi back) … to give also more Banner options.

Now as Inmobi is kicked as a great and best Banner Provider, whats left

AdMob… fine and happy its still around… also 50% of the ecpm what Inmobi had

Chartboost… they ONLY support Games, not Business Apps !

iAds … only on iOS Devices

Vungle … only interstitials.

Thats really not a lot for Android Business Apps (only AdMob)

So +1 to bring Inmobi back and or even better AdNetworks who support Banners

Thank you

Chris

Chris - there are several other developers testing it out, but not many yet. We are still testing things out and working out the kinks.

a few words, even though its very early:

• good support

• I love the ad zones

• Android: rather low eCPM, BUT not enough impressions to judge

• iOS: great eCPM, with only 2 days being live (almost 5$ from start on).

so the first impression is very good.

Is AdRally officially released?

Corona not mention this (why?), but Corona integration docs are available from FusePowered website:

https://wiki.fusepowered.com/index.php?title=Corona

To answer both @info09 and @endygwa’s questions:  Because it’s in private beta now.  We have to make the docs available to those testers.  It will be available to the community soon.

Rob

I didn’t know this was available. Is this open to everyone? I don’t see AdRally listed on the plugins page.

elbowroom - it is not yet widely available. We are still in a beta stage. But it will come soon.

Thank you for clarifying this Rob, it certainly doesn’t look like a closed beta when you are on adrally.com. Very confusing.

That’s why I said it’s coming “soon”.

Rob