Admob Bidding and Appodeal.

Hello

On October 31 google ads are moving to real time bidding.
Appodeal supports it in the 3.2 version of their sdk.

When is solar2d appodeal plugin gonna update?

+1 on this request!

“The clock is ticking. Admob is discontinuing the classic Ad Waterfall model, starting October 31st, 2023. If your apps and games aren’t updated to Appodeal SDK 3.2 by then, you may suffer significant revenue losses.”

+1 request ~ ! :heart_eyes:

+1 - the clock is ticking…

We will update all adapter before the deadline, we waiting for for Appodeal to release there non beta version of 3.2, if they don’t before release the deadline we will update the beta version of the Appodeal plugin to 3.2.

Thanks,
Scott

1 Like

Thank you @Scott_Harrison , that is great to hear!

Good news @Scott_Harrison.

Could you share approximate dates too?

We must have enough time to update our applications, pass reviews and users to download the new version.

Will probably be sometime early next week

2 Likes

So, is the plugin updated?

1 Like

I checked email yesterday.

2023. 10. 21.
[] FINAL REMINDER: One Week to secure your AdMob revenue!

:alarm_clock: Using an Old Appodeal SDK? The Final Tick Approaches!

While we’ve been sounding the alarms for a while: You have just ONE WEEK left to update to Appodeal SDK 3.2.

On October 31st, 2023, AdMob will start migrating to in-app bidding model. Without the Appodeal SDK 3.2, your apps and games cannot access AdMob new monetization model, and you’ll see a tangible dip in your revenue streams.

I’m in the process of updating the beta versions of Appodeal adapters to 3.2 beta(they have not officially released 3.2 i.e not a beta version)

Edit: I’m hopping to get out update before the end of the week, will update this thread when I get it updated, thanks, Scott

3 Likes

I updated the following adapters to 3.2-beta1 (will update docs shortly)

["plugin.appodeal.beta.base"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        --
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Mobvista"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.MyTarget"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },
        ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },

Will add more later

3 Likes

After I builded the project using the updated adapters, I get an error.

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.project.app, PID: 10259
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No static method initialize(Landroid/app/Activity;Ljava/lang/String;ILcom/appodeal/ads/initializing/ApdInitializationCallback;)V in class Lcom/appodeal/ads/Appodeal; or its super classes (declaration of 'com.appodeal.ads.Appodeal' appears in base.apk)
at plugin.appodeal.LuaLoader$Init$1.run(LuaLoader.java:731)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:236)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8057)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:620)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1011)

Should be fixed please rebuild,
Thanks,
Scott

I did a build for android without errors.

But a consent form for ads personalize from appodeal appears.
How do I remove it? I have my own!

Yes. This bug has been fixed.

But when I building project for iOS I get an error:

ERROR: Builder failed: duplicate symbol '_OBJC_CLASS_$_AMCMediationController' in:
Oct 26 00:56:41.794     /Users/user/Desktop/Project.app/.build/plugin.appodeal.beta.base/AppodealMediationCore.framework/AppodealMediationCore(MediationController.o)     /Users/user/Desktop/Project.app/.build/plugin.appodeal.base/AppodealMediationCoreObjC.framework/AppodealMediationCoreObjC(AMCMediationController.o) duplicate symbol '_OBJC_METACLASS_$_AMCMediationController' in:     /Users/user/Desktop/Project.app/.build/plugin.appodeal.beta.base/AppodealMediationCore.framework/AppodealMediationCore(MediationController.o)     /Users/user/Desktop/Project.app/.build/plugin.appodeal.base/AppodealMediationCoreObjC.framework/AppodealMediationCoreObjC(AMCMediationController.o) ld: 2 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64 

What does your build settings look like? Are you still include the non beta version of appodeal in your project

We will need to add another api for this, hopefully will add this soon

Oh sorry. This is true. I removed the non beta version and the build was successful.

How long until iOS build?
Also what about disabling appodeal consent manager?

October 31 is close and many apps must be updated!